- Post 25 November 2011
- Hits: 66315
Join the SSAA
As a Member of the S.S.A.A. you are part of an Australian wide support network, with access to S.S.A.A. Sporting Facilities in each State. In Queensland alone we have some 65 Branches and Target Ranges, and approximately 40,000 Members. The benefits are many, and some are listed below.
- Australian Shooter Magazine delivered to your door. (News Stand Value $87.45)
- Queensland Shooters Supplies is owned and Staffed by S.S.A.A. (QLD) Inc.
Members - Save Dollars!
- Cheaper than Golf, Motor Racing and Skiing!
Community and Social
- A great family sport. Target shooting is one of the few sports available that the whole family can do together and it doesn't have to be expensive.
- People of all ages (11 to 100) and fitness can join in and enjoy.
- Most people with disabilities, can participate fully in this sport.
- Just like any other Sporting Organisation or Club, each Branch has its' own social functions, where people of like interests can relax and have fun.
- A S.S.A.A. Branch in most major regional areas. If there isn't one near you... START ONE!
If you are a person that enjoys a personal challenge, likes to take the time to perfect technique, then the Sport of Target Shooting is for you! It takes a lot of skill to be able to place a shot into a circle no bigger than a 20 cent piece over a distance of 25mts. It sounds very easy to do, until you have to do it. To place 5 shots in the same circle becomes even harder; but, at the end of the shoot if you have done it, it is the same feeling as hitting a 'hole in one' at Golf. Many try, but only a few lucky ones achieve it. With Target Shooting everybody has the opportunity to succeed. It is only practice and technique that help you to achieve that 5 shots in the circle, time after time.
If you decide to join you will have to fill in an Application Form, these are available from:
- Join Online! Visit our membership centre to apply online or renew
- The Queensland State Office
- The National Office www.ssaa.org.au
- All Branches
- Download the application form here
If you know somebody who is a Member then they could give you the Application Form from their Monthly Magazine.