JOIN SSAA QUEENSLAND
As a Member of SSAA Queensland you have access to SSAA range facilities throughout the State. In Queensland we have some 76 Branches and Ranges, and approximately 77,000+ Members. The benefits are many, and some are listed below.
- Become a part of Queensland’s largest shooting association with access to over 90 SSAA Branches, Shooting Ranges and Affiliate Clubs throughout the State.
- Support an Association who represents the interests of firearms owners, shooters and hunters on a national and international level.
- Be covered by up to $20,000,000 public liability protection for shooting on any approved range in Australia and hunting in the field* activities through Deporte Mutual Limited. – Deporte Mutual – Certificate of Currency – Conditions – Permission Form
- Subscribe to Deporte Mutual Firearms Protection where for $35 per year you can be covered for up to $25,000 worth of firearms and fixed accessories protection.
- Receive 11 issues of the Australian Shooters annually (February – December) delivered straight to your nominated address.
- Receive discounted training in 11029NAT Course in Firearms and Weapons Safety if you complete the course through the SSAA (Qld.) Inc.
- Opportunity to join the SSAA Farmer Assist program which provides Members with increased access to hunting opportunities whilst helping out Australian farmers with their pest management issues.
- Opportunity to become involved with and subscribe to the SSAA (Qld.) Conservation and Wildlife Management program.
COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL
- A great family sport. Target shooting is one of the few sports available that the whole family can do together and it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Ability to participate in the sport from 11 years of age.
- Most people with disabilities, can participate fully in this sport.
- Just like any other Sporting Organisation or Club, each Branch has its’ own social functions, where people of like interests can relax and have fun.
- A SSAA Branch in most major regional areas. If there isn’t one near you, contact us for more information.
DO YOU LIKE A CHALLENGE
Are you a person who enjoys a personal challenge, likes to take the time to perfect a technique, then the sport of Target Shooting is for you.
It takes skill to be able to place a shot into a circle no larger than a 20-cent piece over a distance of 25 metres. This might sound easy to do, until you try to do it. To be able to place 5 shots in the same circle becomes even harder, but at the end of the shoot if you have achieved this, what a great feeling. In Target Shooting everyone has the opportunity to succeed, with practice and technique that will help you achieve that ‘5 shots’ in the circle time after time.