“Recently I was trying to describe why I shoot, to a non-shooter. The only way I could relate it to her was to say it was like yoga and meditation mixed with loud noises”. Now that explaination may not suit the entire sport, however it is an apt description of the Benchrest discipline.
The best place to start is with your local Branch. You will find that your local has like minded people with combined hundreds of years in the sport that are willing to get you on your way in our sport. Whether you are looking for something to do on weekends, or are aiming to represent your country, shooting has something for everybody.
- A family sport that is available to all
- Interestingly shooting is one of the few sports where men and women can compete on an equal basis. In fact women generally outdo their male counterparts
- Socialise with like-minded people in a relaxed environment
- Help in developing concentration with hand eye co-ordination
- Progess to representing your club, your region, your state, your country
- Build confidence through new skills and challenging yourself
- Compete with yourself or your friends
- Above all, relax, enjoy and try
Many of our local Branches run introductory sessions for those just entering the sport. Contact your local today!